Business And Management

The Benefits of Bamboo Toilet Paper

The increasing demand for wood paper is starting to increasingly affect the natural ecosystem. The rate of deforestation through old vegetation is only about 10%, while the remaining 90% of wood-based paper products come from sustainable reforestation practices that replace trees when trees are used.

Everyone uses toilet paper a lot and as such, this is an industry with very high sales and absolute demand. It also doesn't help that the toilet paper is really 100% wood and there's no other material to fill it with. If you replace even a small part of the bathroom paper industry with plant based rolls, humanity would be in a much better ecological position.

Image Source: Google

Bamboo is an ideal crop to replace paper products as it is much more renewable than trees. Bamboo can be harvested several times a year and can only grow for three months. Better yet, bamboo can be grown almost anywhere in the world, so it doesn't just take one geographic area to develop a bamboo specialty. It also reduces costs because if raw materials have to be transported over short distances, savings from lower fuel consumption and greater efficiency can generally be saved.

Health issues also need to be considered. Bamboo toilet paper is healthier because it does not contain bleach and other chemicals used in common alternative remedies. Considering how easily these chemicals enter our body due to the use of toilet paper, it cannot be ignored that bamboo is free from these problems and issues.