The best thing about the Extender 2700 is that you configure it in multiple modes i:e, extender, and AP. If you want to configure in the AP mode, then the steps for the same are discussed here as under:
- Plug the extender to the power outlet and turn it on. Wait for the green light to get stable.
- Check if there is no green light blinking, then there is a problem with the power source.
- The switch must be set to the AP mode on the extender.
- Use the cable to connect the Netgear Ex2700 setup to the port of the router.
- From the wireless device, go to the ‘Wi-fi manager’ and click on the ‘Band’ option.
- Go to the ‘Scan’ option and check if the extender is set to AP mode or it is still in the wireless mode.
- Tap ‘Continue’.
- Press ‘Next’.
- The extender is now set to AP mode. You can now connect the wireless devices to the newly configure range extender.
- Check the SSID of the extender.
- On the next page, you will find the registration option. You can skip this option for a while if you want to.
This is how you can configure the extender in the AP mode using the mywifiext page. If you are having any problem, you can contact the experts.