Self-employed people are busy with their employees and business to the extent that they don't' even realize the needs at their personal front. There are many medical exigencies that may arise without prior intimation. When caught in such a situation, a self-employed person doesn't even know the solution to it.
This is the time when you need to buy a health services plan which can stand by your side to meet any kind of exigencies. You can check the cost of self-employed health plans using the internet.
Image Source: Google
Working of a health care plan:
1) You can pay monthly premiums which are supposedly not very high.
2) Your own business becomes your insurer and pays your bills without touching upon the capital or profit of the business itself.
3) The whole of the reimbursement is non-taxable and you get it in the capacity of being the owner of your business.
4) To reimburse the bills you have to submit the receipts to your company which in turn would be forwarded to the service provider.
5) After being verified, your bill amount will be paid to you in the form of a cheque to you directly as an employee of your business.
6) This benefit you receive will be completely tax-free.
Before getting into any supplemental health care plan, you should be thorough with the terms and conditions of the same.